Núria Teixidó Ullod is a Marie Curie Cofund-Bandiera-Ritmare postdoctoral fellow at the Stazione Zoologica Anton Dohrn (Ischia, Naples, Italy). My research focuses on marine benthic ecology, biodiversity, and conservation. I have studied different benthic habitats, primarily rocky reef ecosystems in Antarctica and the Mediterranean over mid-long temporal (decades) and spatial scales. During the last years, I have been investigating the biodiversity patterns of the high diverse and threaten coralligenous outcrops in the Mediterranean Sea (medDiversa). I have participated in oceanographic expeditions in Antarctica and in many field diving surveys in the Mediterranean. I’m currently working on the effects of ocean acidification (OA) on ecosystems and their functions across different habitats (3-40 m depth) along the coast of Ischia, where volcanic CO2 vent systems occur. These habitats are hotspots of Mediterranean marine biodiversity and represent an exceptional natural heritage, with important ecological services to society (vulnerClima project http://nuriateixido.info/research-projects/).
- Ambroso S, Böhmer A, Gonzalez-López P, Teixidó N (in press) Ophiuroid biodiversity patterns along the Antarctic Peninsula. Polar Biol
- Gutt J, Alvaro MC, Barco A, Böhmer A, Bracher A, David B, De Ridder C, Dorschel B, Eléaume M, Janussen D, López-González P, Martínez-Baraldés I, Schröder M, Segelken-Voigt A, Teixidó N (2015) Macro-epibenthic communities at the tip of the Antarctic Peninsula, an ecological survey at different spatial scales. Polar Biol DOI 10.1007/s00300-015-1797-6
- Teixidó N, Bensoussan N, Gori A, Fiorillo I, Viladrich N (2015) Sexual reproduction and early life- history traits of the Mediterranean soft coral Alcyonium acaule. Marine Ecology. Doi: 10.1111/maec.12255
- Teixidó N, Garrabo J, Harmelin JG (2011) Low Dynamics, High Longevity and Persistence of Sessile Structural Species Dwelling on Mediterranean Coralligenous Outcrops. PLoS ONE 6(8): e23744. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0023744
- Teixido N, Pineda MC, Garrabou J (2009) Decadal demographic trends of a long-lived temperate encrusting sponge. Marine Ecology Progress Series 375: 113–124.
- Teixido N, Garrabou J, Gut, J, Arntz WE (2007) Impact of iceberg disturbance and successional spatial patterns: the case of the deep Antarctic benthic communities. Ecosystems 10: 143-158.
- Teixidó N, Gili, JM, Urizm, MJ, Gutt, J, Arntz W (2006) Observations of asexual reproductive strategies in Antarctic hexactinellid sponges from ROV video records. Deep Sea Research II: 972-984.
- Teixidó N, Garrabou J, Gutt J, Arntz WE (2004) Recovery in Antarctic benthos after disturbance: trends in benthic composition, abundance, and growth forms. Marine Ecology Progress Series 278: 1-16.